In my whole life, I’ve
owned co-owned two desktop PCs together with my dad and sis. Oklah actually dad paid for the PCs and we’re his two ungrateful grateful daughters.
Our 1st PC…
1. is AcerMate 800
2. runs on Windows 95
3. runs on Pentium processor 75MHz, 1GB HDD (hahaha siao ar!)
4. bought in 1995
5. had undergone a few reformatting
6. had undergone countless ‘hang’ problem
7. had undergone countless piracy installation *cough*
8. had undergone countless gaming abuses
9. most important of all it’s still working
Yes it’s true. This PC is still working albeit its processing is too slow to our liking.
I had my first taste of internet and experienced MIRC and IQC with this PC. Can you believe that actually it was my dad who introduce us to MIRC?
May I present you our 12 years old desktop PC, Miss AcerMate 800 (please clap la… respect a bit ma)
You must be wondering why we still keep Miss AcerMate 800?
Dad: Throw away? No way! Do you know how much I paid for this PC?
Me: Ya I know. But then it’s very slow liao and I think nobody would want it anymore.
Dad: No matter what don’t throw away ar or I’ll smack you!
So what’s your first PC tale’s like? Come share with me.