F1, Sports

Brazilian F1 Grand Prix 2006 & Goodbye Schumi

It was a spectacular and magical Brazilian GP race. A fitful race that concluded this year’s Formula 1 season. I was sound asleep at 1am thus missing the start of the last race of the season but I got up just in time to witness Schumacher overtaking stunt at Fisichella. Schumacher suffered a punctured left rear tyre soon after that and he limped back to the pit for a change of fresh tyres. Hmmm do you think he cut back too near to Fishichella’s car after the pass or did Schumacher caught some sharp debris along the way?

Schumacher emerged from the pit in last place (17th) and fought his way back and finished fourth ahead of the chequered flag. During the amazing fight back he overtook 10 cars, among some of the front-runners that he overtook were Barichello, Fisichella and Raikonnen. I have no idea how he managed to catch up so fast with the front-runner. Yalah he drove like there’s no tomorrow…lap after lap being the fastest man on track… but still IT WAS MAGICAL. I was like ‘blur blur’. “Aikk he’s 9th already”…and then “Aikk he’s back to 6th and are challenging Fisichella!!!” and “OhGod He’s managed to passed Fisico and are overtaking Kimi! WOW WOW!!!”

Legend, Michael Schumacher with 7 World Championships (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) and 91 Wins is the greatest driver the sport has ever seen.

No more glisten red helmet for me to drool

Michael Schumacher, you’re the BEST! Auf Wiedersehen.

The winner of the Brazilian F1 GP is not other than pole sitter, Felipe Massa who was 26 seconds ahead of Alonso at the end of the finished line. Yeah Massa drove a superb race with no one challenging him. He truly deserved the win. Many congrats to Felipe Massa on his 2nd career victory. He’s the first Brazilian to win on home soil (Interlagos) since Ayrton Senna won in 1993.

It was a boring “Alonso” race. He drove carefully to ensured he finish the race without any trouble. And by that he won his 2nd consecutive World Championship title. Congratulations to Alonso and Renault for clinching the Constructor’s Word title as well. Even though Alonso’s been a bit too many of a devil lately but I must :kowtow: him. It’s not easy for a driver to clinched 2 World Championship title back to back and what’s more… he’s done that in his first try. But savor what you can, Alonso. For you will NEVER EVER have that chance again!!!

For me, the 2006 F1 season had been one of the best I’ve seen in recent years. I can’t wait for next year. Btw, did y’all realised that Kimi and Massa were once teammates in Sauber days ? It was Kimi who shone the brightest back then that earned him a place in McLaren. More importantly I wanna see how Alonso fare in McLaren.

For Michael Schumacher fans, here’s some good news. A self-titled autobiography ‘Michael Schumacher’ is set for release in November. Go grab it ya.

• Reply Kikilala October 24, 2006 at 4:11 pm

No offense but the retirement of Schumi is one of the best things that happened to formula 1.

• Reply Gallivanter October 24, 2006 at 4:20 pm

I didn’t watch the race, but from what I read, it’s typical Schumacher. :applause: The greatest F1 driver in history. Here’s to Raikkonen winning the next one with Ferrari. :battlingeyelashes:

• Reply tj October 24, 2006 at 5:21 pm

bye MS T_T

• Reply moz monster October 24, 2006 at 7:20 pm

I’d have to say that I’m really looking forward to seeing Alonso in McClaren – just to see if he will be the same driver on that car. And I want to see Kimi in a Ferrari … his speed and Ferrari’s reliability will be an interesting mix.

And while some will disagree, Schummi is always #1 … no matter what.

• Reply Jason October 24, 2006 at 9:01 pm

With Schummi’s retirement, I wonder who is going to break his record. Other than that, am not really interested in F1. πŸ˜›

• Reply narrowband October 25, 2006 at 12:52 am

I thought Massa behaved a little too ecstatically wild in that he didn’t even respect the national anthem and the flag. Well, understandable 2nd victory after more than 70 starts (plus, it’s the home GP) but still, he could’ve toned down the behaviour a little bit. It all started when he was still in the cockpit, slamming the car by hand and stopping to receive a Brazillian flag. Hmm. Thought he was going crazy.

I loved that move Schumi did on Kimi – it was superbly done, spectacular! Kimi really did a good job trying to defend his position, by taking the inside line – he succeeded the first time, but Schumi tried the second time the following lap at the same corner, and they were wheel-to-wheel! Awesome! I’m sure Kimi will definitely be among the top drivers next year, there is no doubt about the reliability of the Ferrari cars.

Alonso, on the other hand, will need to put up with the reliability issues McLaren has been facing in recent years. Unless McLaren is able to give Alonso a fast yet reliable car, I don’t think Alonso can go on and clinch a third successive drivers’ championship.

And good observation, I almost forgot that Massa and Kimi were once partners in Sauber! Kimi was well deemed as ‘1st driver’ back then. Despite Massa’s seniority in Ferrari, I still think Kimi will be the faster driver, when he joins the team next year. Kimi will no doubt be the main star. After all, he is there to replace a legend. (The legend, by the way, quit motor-racing by smashing Montoya’s Sau Paolo lap record in the penultimate lap! Man, Schumi was simply amazing!)

Oh, of course, don’t write off Jenson Button just yet. He’s been really quick of late! Next year will be filled with so much uncertainty, and that’s really interesting.

• Reply Lex October 25, 2006 at 8:54 pm

It was pretty sad… oh well, Alonso monkey is prolly gonna suffer next in McLaren… It’s Kimi’s turn now! Waiting is enough.

• Reply Wombat October 26, 2006 at 4:38 pm

Beg to differ : Ask Shoe-Me to explain how he REALLY felt inside when he took out Damon Hill on purpose and won one of the F1 championship by 1 point? He can even win 15 championships but all it takes is one bad incident to forever tarnish his legacy. I am glad he has retired. Really.

• Reply Neo October 26, 2006 at 11:42 pm

Let’s see what Kimi can come up with next year in a Ferrari! πŸ˜€

• Reply Amanda85 October 31, 2006 at 7:00 pm

i don’t think 1 incident can tarnish his legacy….schumi was d most no doubt d most popular F1 driver with d most fans….so who said his image was tarnish….

couldn’t wait 2 c how kimi can help schumi pay d revenge.!!