F1, Sports

Congratulations Kimi Raikkonen, The 2007 F1 World Champion

I hope you hadn’t miss yesterday’s Brazilian F1 GP race (last race of the season) because it was simply brilliant. I came into this race without any high hopes on Kimi because for him to win the drivers’ championship is a difficult thing to do, almost impossible. Would you expect Lewis to finish less than 6th and Alonso less than 2nd? But as the race progresses, Kimi’s chance of winning the title look brighter and brighter. No way can someone write a better script than God himself.

The 3-ways championship fight was still undecided when Kimi passed the chequered flag, not until all the remaining 7 cars have passed the finish line because you never know… anything can still happen. Kubica and Heidfeld was still racing neck and neck towards the chequered flag… aiyo it was finger-biting and heart-throbbing. I just pray they don’t take each other out and hand the drivers’ title back to Lewis.

How the Brazilian race ended:
1. Kimi Raikkonen
2. Felipe Massa
3. Fenanando Alonso
4. Nico Rosberg
5. Robert Kubica
6. Nick Heidfeld
7. Lewis Hamilton
8. Jarno Trulli

Congratulations Kimi Raikkonen for winning your first World Championship Drivers’ Title with Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro!

To make matter more interesting, Kimi won the title by just 1 point. Woah how close can you get man? TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!

Top 3 drivers’ standings:
1. Kimi Raikkonen 110pts (2007 F1 World Champion)
2. Lewis Hamilton 109pts
3. Fernando Alonso 109pts
Lewis is the runner-up because both he and Alonso had 4 wins each but Lewis had more 2nd place wins than Alonso.

This is definitely a bittersweet F1 season for everyone including you and me. Can I say this is the best F1 race season ever? I say YES! Thank God Michael Schumacher retired.

Most important of all I want to thanks Alonso for vigorously holding off Lewis at the first lap and I want to thanks Lewis’ car for making up some cranky gearshift problem. You know? For a moment I thought Alonso’s engineers has something to do with Lewis’ car.

What Steve Slater said is correct, in Ferrari there is team work. Team work that brought Kimi Raikkonen to winning his first title. It was Massa who blocked Lewis at the start of the race. *tsk why is always a Brazilian made a guinea pig? first it’s Rubens now Massa.* But of course this time Kimi wins the title fair and square.

What can you see in McLaren? Chaos, clash, disagreement, spying…

Ohh I can’t wait for next season. Patiently counting the days…

• Reply Neo October 22, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Wow, it was really a close and breath taking race!!! Congrats to KIMI! :skull:

• Reply Neo October 22, 2007 at 3:30 pm

Hey, this time I took the 1st and 2nd place. Kakakaka :devil:

• Reply jam October 22, 2007 at 3:41 pm

You are right, Mclaren lose to themselves. They dun have teamwork and the two drivers are fighting against each other. I would still say that Alonso is a disgrace while Hamilton actually had a brilliant first season in F1. Overall, I found that this season is exciting but being marred by the spying case. Hamilton for next season surely!

• Reply MonkeyWong October 22, 2007 at 4:38 pm

Thanks to Massa, he makes Kimi the Champion! :party:
    Best F1 season for me! :applause:

• Reply Lex October 22, 2007 at 7:33 pm

padan muka McLaren… talk so much right? hahahhaha
    See, I said Raikkonen will win rite! This must be some season man… but then again, I cant help wondering if the whole final race was staged. Like Hamilton’s gearbox failure and stuff…
    but finally Raikkonen was worthy of the win and you just gotta admire how good the Ferrari team is… one big happy family. Lol

• Reply moz monster October 22, 2007 at 10:34 pm

You know what? I think that McLaren should have backed one of the drivers, and pushed hard to make that driver the champion.

But credits where credit is due … true champions are measured by overall performance, and based on just how many wins Kimi had, can’t argue that he’s a worthy champion. Finishing many times second and third doesn’t count in my books !

• Reply dreamcatcher October 23, 2007 at 7:17 am

i was banking for kimi, glad he won! 😀 a good overall result for heidfeld too. :party: yea, it’s one of the most exciting F1 season altho’ i ‘tertidur masa tunggu f1 niiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

• Reply wuching October 23, 2007 at 9:11 am

:waiting:

• Reply pacco October 23, 2007 at 4:28 pm

yeah, it was so close…b4 d race start, we were cursing n roooting for alonso to take out hamilton @ 1st corner…but anyhow, lewis admit himself that he press d wrong button n cause the car engine to go ‘neutral’….wat a rookie..

now kimi is no longer the bad luck guy….

• Reply Che-Cheh October 23, 2007 at 10:16 pm

Neo, :LOL: very funny

Jam, have you read today’s Star paper? Oklah at least I agree with Alonso this time. It’s all McLaren’s fault. Hehe

Monkey Wong, yes thanks to Massa.

Lex, yup…it’s seems like the race was staged hor. Hahaha…apparently Lewis’ mistake was due to his own error.

Moz Monster, yes true. In the end McLaren should point finger to themselves.

Dreamcatcher, ahh tertido? Hopefully you didn’t miss the start eh.

Wuching, don’t be mad la.

Pacco, I prefer to let Hamilton win and not Alonso.