F1, Sports

Italian F1 Grand Prix 2006 & Michael Schumacher To Retires

I’ve always love Monza. A track full of heart warming fans.

Congratulations to Michael Schumacher, winner of this year’s Monza F1 GP, pole sitter Kimi for finishing second and rookie driver Kubica who drove a stunning race into third place for BMW. I’m so happy that Alonso failed to finish the race. Currently Michael is behind Alonso by 2 POINTS ONLY! with 3 more races to go. Do you think Michael can do it ? Can he win the World Champion? My answer is YES. Ferrari will make it happen. I’m very sure. After all this is Michael’s last racing season.

Yes I’m sure most of you have heard the news on radio/TV or even heard this heart breaking news from Michael himself at the Monza post race conference. It’s official that Michael Schumacher is retiring at the end of 2006 F1 season. I’ve heard and read from newspaper about this unofficial news few days ago. In fact many people have been wishing him to hang up his boots this year. They said it’s time to give way to other drivers. It’s boring to always see him win and he have already dominate the race for many years now. But have they thought why he keep winning the race?

It’s because he is the best and most successful F1 driver in the world. For Christ’s sake, he is the only holder of 7-times world champions and yesterday’s race marks his 90th career victory. Isn’t that say something about his greatness?

Who will replace Michael?

This man… Kimi Raikonnen

Ferrari has announced that Kimi Raikonnen will replace Michael next year. Both Kimi and Massa will be the official Scuderia drivers for 2007 season. Kimi has signed on for 3 years while Massa for 2 years.

I’m glad Kimi is the chosen one. Well, I’m not very fond of Kimi a few years back but I’ve grown to like him. πŸ˜‰ He is a tough driver and I hope he will win many races with Ferrari.

Though I still can’t imagine Kimi wearing a red outfit. Can you? *chuckles

• Reply Jemima September 11, 2006 at 8:26 am

I hope Schumi will win, though, I’m not a fan.
    I just like to see him retires in glory, even if he’s gonna go down in history as the most controversial F1 driver ever. πŸ™‚

Did you watch the interview after the race? I honestly thought he was gonna cry but he maintained his posture even when his voice cracked. :whew:

• Reply tj September 11, 2006 at 9:11 am

hard 2 imagine ‘pak cham kai’ kimi in a red suit…heh

its sad kimi and ms won’t get to go head 2 head in equal machinery. it would have been great.

• Reply Wuching September 11, 2006 at 9:19 am

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

• Reply Gallivanter September 11, 2006 at 9:58 am

Would love to see Schuey stick one up Alonso! And like you, I’m glad Ferrari picked Raikonnen to replace the legend – after Schuey, I think Raikonnen’s the next best driver.

Alonso’s just way too overrated. :loser:

• Reply Che-Cheh September 11, 2006 at 10:14 am

Jemima, yes wining the 8th world champion will be a big bonus for him. I watched the interview. Very sad. :crying: For the first time during his many interviews, his face is humble instead of the usual ‘action look’.

TJ, ‘pak cham kai’ Kimi ? :laughing: :laughing:
    Yes wouldn’t it be great ya for the both of them racing in the same team. I was hoping Michael win race for 1 more year.

Wuching, you waiting for what ? :tongue:

Daniel, yes Kimi is the next best driver.
    Briatore ‘jokingly’ said about Monza match fixing to let Michael win yesterday. :loser:

• Reply Malaysia Property September 11, 2006 at 11:48 am

i hope schuey wins too.

and it will be bye bye after that :wave:

• Reply Jee September 11, 2006 at 2:14 pm

Hope that Schuey will not do a headbutt like Zidane.. :skull:

• Reply jing September 11, 2006 at 3:56 pm

Schumi will retire on a high note – winning the drivers championship! so many retirements this year – zidane, agassi and now, schumi. πŸ™
    i’ll be looking forward to see wat role Schumi will be taking on in Ferrari at the end of the year. πŸ™‚
    haha. and i agree with u, i can’t imagine Kimi in red, like don’t match his complexion. :tongue: we’ll find out next year.

• Reply Lex September 11, 2006 at 8:04 pm

It’s just fcking stupid about Alonso being so damn good. HE’S NOT! Just that he got a prett good car… we’ll see if next year he does well with McLaren or not… Kimi’s been good and I think he’ll do amazing in Ferrari. Kimi in a red suit would be just be weird unlike Schuey… Kimi is McLaren’s best. πŸ˜€ and I have a feeling that BMW is gonna go far too πŸ™‚

• Reply Che-Cheh September 11, 2006 at 9:09 pm

Malaysia Property, yeah :crying: bye bye
    I still hope we get to see him in the near future. Ferrari said Michael will play a role in the team.

Jee, Schumi headbutt Alonso’s car. Alonso DNF but Schumi race till the finish and become world champion. What a dream. Hahaha

Jing, yeah so many retirement. πŸ™
    Me too can’t wait to see what role he will play in Ferrari.
    I still can’t imagine what Kimi would look like in red. :grrr:

Lex, I agree with you totally! I was Alonso fans early this season but decided not to support him anymore. Hehehe

• Reply Neo September 12, 2006 at 12:36 am

Kimi should do better in Ferrari. At least no engine breakdown as often as McLaren? :nerd:

• Reply Bryan September 12, 2006 at 2:04 am

It’s sure sad to see him go the end of this year. πŸ™

• Reply Che-Cheh September 12, 2006 at 7:29 am

Neo, ya betul betul. No car realiability problem => will finish race

Bryan, yup. Heard from this morning’s news that Michael will be Ferrari ambassador. πŸ˜€

• Reply dreamcatcher September 12, 2006 at 7:58 am

yea, with montoya gone… there’s nothing fiery much goin’ on there for him to continue, heh!heh! :devil:

great guy, the maestro, as he will be remembered no doubt, at least in motoring world. :kowtow: :kowtow: …been an ardent supporter ever since he entered f1 until the 3rd time he became champ!… b4 a certain smile n the most bewitching eyes caught my attention, ahem!! πŸ˜€

heh!heh! for my part, i dont think it’s boredom that made me stray… it’s more of him becoming a superhero that made it more exciting to support others who’d like to emulate him!! me think! :peace: have this interest for bad guys!! :devil: :devil:

good to see him struggle this coupla years. seeing him human again trying to battle against odds, now that’s slammin’!!! πŸ™‚

• Reply sophie September 12, 2006 at 8:41 am

:party: with Schumacher’s retirement but :crying: with Kimi’s moving to Ferrari. I guess we are not the same path anymore, Kimi. Wish you best of luck, I know you are a good F-1 driver. 😎

• Reply kleio September 12, 2006 at 2:00 pm

Go, go, Schuey!!! :dancing:
    May he wins this season’s race and retire in all glory. Yeah! πŸ˜‰

Gosh… I love the way Raikonnen dominates the track *gush*
    He IS one hot driver :kowtow: He knows his stuff.

• Reply Che-Cheh September 12, 2006 at 10:06 pm

Dreamcatcher, yeah I remember you told me about you supporting Michael many many years ago. Hehehe

Sophie, yo support la Kimi. Don’t stop supporting him. And please support Ferrari…hehehe :devil:

Kleio, even if he didn’t win the driver’s championship it will still be a great year for him and F1.
    Oh yeah Kimi is a dare devil on track!

• Reply Amanda85 September 13, 2006 at 10:04 am

kimi is d 2nd driver i support after schumi….so i will continue 2 b a ferrari fans…:party:

juz hope tat mclaren car will not improve:nottalking: ….coz they use 2 hv great cars during mika era…

• Reply Che-Cheh September 13, 2006 at 7:28 pm

Amanda, what about Mclaren ? I also hope Mclaren’s car won’t improve. That way Alonso will not be ‘keng’ next season. :devil:

• Reply amanda85 September 13, 2006 at 7:51 pm

did u read wat he said in star paper 2day?? feel like giving him a ‘box’ :bringiton:

• Reply Che-Cheh September 13, 2006 at 7:52 pm

Amanda, nope not yet. I’m still at the office. Going back now. Tata.