Sports, Tennis

Malaysia Independence Tennis Festival – Federer, Sampras, Nadal

Ohmygosh! 😱 ohmygosh! 😱 Pete Sampras, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are REALLY coming to Malaysia. They’re coming here to play tennis! And we get to see them play! And it will cost you money!!!

Yeah my adrenalin was pumping alright!

Here’s the info.

Malaysian Open (ATP Challenger) will be held from 17th November 2007 (Saturday) to 25th November 2007 (Sunday) at the indoor Malawati Stadium, Shah Alam. Stadium capacity is 12,000. Tickets are priced between RM 23 ~ RM 123.

Stop!

You really think watching Pistol Pete, Fed-Ex and Nadal play will cost you al cheapo? (pointing above). Those are the Malaysian Open ticket prices. You’ll be able to watch for FREE during the qualifying round (17th~18th) and you’ll need to buy ticket for 1st round onward to final.

What about Pete Sampras, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal ?

Don’t panic. I’m coming to it now.

Basically the Malaysia Independence Tennis Festival consists of 3 main events. Malaysian Open is one of them. The other one is called Clash of Times where you’ll be able to see Roger Federer take on Pete Sampras. And the 3rd event is called Special Match (so plain) involving Rafael Nadal and Richard Gasquet.

Date, time and ticket prices:
Clash of Times – 22nd November 2007, 8pm, RM 83 ~ RM 443
Special Match – 20th November 2007, 8pm, RM 83 ~ RM 403

Now you can start crying. Yes I know damn expensive. But you know what? I will still go and watch them. After all this is a lifetime experience. I don’t think I’ll have the chance to watch them play oversea as surely the ticket price is costlier. Plus I don’t think Pete Sampras will be playing tennis anytime soon. He’s retired ma. So this is a good chance to see him play live!

Tickets are on sale since yesterday. You better hurry if you’re planning to go. Don’t wait for last minute. This will be if not the biggest tennis match-up in Asian region.

Thanks Malaysia! All these are brought to you by us to celebrate our nation’s 50th Independence Day. Now go hug our prime minister.

p/s: Some seats are already sold out. Ohmygosh! but I’ve bought mine already! Yipeee!

• Reply narrowband September 16, 2007 at 1:08 pm

Wow sounds like a very good opportunity to get up close and personal with your idols!

• Reply wuching September 16, 2007 at 2:00 pm

:not_listening:

• Reply keeyit September 16, 2007 at 2:19 pm

You sound happy and excited.. :party:

• Reply dreamcatcher September 17, 2007 at 6:56 am

weii!!!! u didn’t tell me b4 u bought urs!! :angry: could have pesan u! enjoy! :tongue:

• Reply hcfoo September 17, 2007 at 10:16 am

I’ve just bought mine too. Buy the cheapest one and get a binocular instead. :tongue:

• Reply Che-Cheh September 17, 2007 at 10:57 am

Narrowband, yes can’t wait baby!

Wuching, hehehe

Keeyit, I’m over the moon hahaha

Dreamcatcher, I bought it online. You can too. Just go to ticketpro.com.my

Hcfoo, which matches are you going to see? both?

• Reply hcfoo September 17, 2007 at 12:20 pm

i’ve just bought Nadal’s match. Still waiting for my Sis fren hoping to get free tix. But I just can’t wait for Nadal’s.

• Reply Shireen September 17, 2007 at 12:21 pm

Wow..didn’t know there are so many tennis fans!! 😀

I bought mine too!!! Can’t wait…can’t wait…a dream to have my past and present tennis idols battling it out (nevermind that its an exhibition but still!!) :dancing:

• Reply Neo September 17, 2007 at 2:09 pm

Which one did you bought? What price? If I bought the cheapest one will i need a binocular? Haha :skull:

• Reply Mo-C September 17, 2007 at 5:16 pm

:thinking: :thinking: still deciding

• Reply jam September 17, 2007 at 11:52 pm

So bad I cannot join you! Do post up lot of photos of them, ok? Ya, it’s really rare to see sampras playing nowadays.

• Reply Che-Cheh September 18, 2007 at 10:09 am

Hcfoo, It seems Fed vs Sampras match tickets is selling like hot cakes. 😀

Shireen, hahaha me too can’t wait!

Neo, I bought both matches. Use binocular lo. You going?

Mo-C, you bought already right? :tongue:

Jam, why cannot go? busy? Yes sure I will take loads of photo. Hope my area is good la. I think my seating is not very strategic.

• Reply Neo September 18, 2007 at 7:04 pm

Wow, both matches… which zone? Zone A?
    By the way, you know who will be participating in the malaysia open matches? :clown:

• Reply Che-Cheh September 18, 2007 at 8:36 pm

Neo, either the RM250 or the RM80..not sure which one my sis bought. Nope dunno who will participate in Malaysian Open matches.

• Reply Neo September 19, 2007 at 12:04 am

I thought u bought zone A. :devil:

• Reply Che-Cheh September 19, 2007 at 8:23 pm

Neo, wish to. Expensive la.

• Reply fong September 22, 2007 at 8:39 pm

ya i am going to cry. i wanted to watch them to play no matter the ticket is expensive or not. finally they come but damn, i still cant
    go and watch because i have to sit for my SPM!! why cant our government chooses a better date ,like schedule them on december? i think that will be definitely better. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

• Reply Che-Cheh September 23, 2007 at 1:06 pm

Fong, ohhh too bad. :doh: Make sure you watch this space ok? I’ll be writing about it. Is your SPM during the Malaysian Open tennis week?

• Reply Brian September 24, 2007 at 9:58 pm

YOu’re JOKING! I can’t believe this shit! I don’t care how much the tickets are. I’m going no matter what maN! But what in the name of god is Gasquet Doing here? We want Roddick or Djokovic!

• Reply Kelly September 25, 2007 at 12:47 pm

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
    Guys… i m new here but I just got my tickets too to watch Sampras vs Fed-ex!!! Too bad is that I can only get North F… B, C & D all sold out!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:
    Do u think i need binocular as well? Any idea where I can get a giant tennis ball ah? Can’t wait to see Sampras… I want his signature!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

• Reply Che-Cheh September 25, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Brian, have you bought your ticket? Yeah Gasquet cannot challenge Nadal la.

Kelly, just bring a small bino. In case la. I’m sure they have large screen at the stadium. Sorry no idea where to buy giant tennis ball. You should be at the bottom row if you want his signature. :tongue:

• Reply Kelly September 26, 2007 at 1:12 pm

:silly: :silly: :silly:
    Just try my luck see can get his signature or not… :praying: :praying: :praying:

• Reply alex September 26, 2007 at 5:42 pm

I came across this news late, so all the good seat are sold out! If not I will want a A or B section seat…. Just purchased a seat at North F… How far is it from the court? 🙁 Need binocular?

• Reply Che-Cheh September 26, 2007 at 8:40 pm

Kelly, good luck. I also want to try my luck. 😀

Alex, I’m not sure how far. Just bring a binocular in case you need it yeah. Enjoy the game.