Sports, Tennis

Rafael Nadal Won His First Australian Open

First off, Congrats Rafa! You did it!!!

What a game man! I came into this game feeling 50-50. Knowing the improving Roger would love to equal Pete Sampras 14 GSs and knowing we can’t write off the Spanish Matador, Rafa easily.

As a result, we witnessed another one of the greatest tennis played by both champions. Beautiful tennis. Excelente!!! I went WOW after WOW from the first setter. Impressed with shots impossible to others but not to this two men.

The epic match ended in 4 hours 23 minutes in 5 sets.
Rafael Nadal defeated Roger Federer: 7-5, 3-6, 7-6(3), 3-6, 6-2

By now this photo of Roger sobbing would had be seen by millions. It’s okay Roger. Sometimes the emotions of the game are too over bearing.

Rivalry in court, consoling friend off court. That’s what true Champions are.

3 Grand Slams to go… are you thinking what I’m thinking? That Rafa will win Calendar Year Grand Slams. That Federer will never beat this guy again. There’s still plenty of time for them both of course. But I really have this nagging feeling… that he will remain second best from now on.

But you know what? I really want Roger to win 2 more Slams (this coming from a Nadal supporter). Equaling & going one better after Sampras.

Best of Luck to both of you.

• Reply jam February 2, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I watched the match on and off too. A great match between perhaps the greatest player of all time and the the best player at the moment. Both played good, hard to choose in between. But Federer just faltered at the fifth set.

• Reply foongpc February 2, 2009 at 8:14 pm

I want Rafael to win! Both are great tennis players. But I’m a fan of Rafael! πŸ™‚

• Reply Mo-C February 2, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Federer had a great pressure to get the 14th. I’m too felt for him. Me too, am hoping that he will get another 2 GS.

Another epic match from both of them! Looking forward for Roland Garros

• Reply keeyit February 2, 2009 at 8:24 pm

I saw a group of FF ppl watched this at the gym center. Not sure is the final one or not.

• Reply Che-Cheh February 2, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Jam, yeah the 5th set is the worse. Hai

Foongpc, Rafa will win many more. πŸ˜€

Mo-C, Fed can’t challenge Rafa in Roland Garros unfortunately. Have to wait for US/Wimbledon. I read both players interviews dialogue. While Rafa remain so humble, Fed’s answer is quite proud le.

Keeyit, yesterday? Must be that game. :hehe:

• Reply wuching February 3, 2009 at 5:55 am

that Roger is such a cry baby!

• Reply hcfoo February 3, 2009 at 3:17 pm

You know at first I was like WTF! Roger is crying! Then I sympathize him :tongue: Well, great job for Rafa!

• Reply Che-Cheh February 4, 2009 at 12:20 am

Wuching, hehehe he cried before you know? But this is the longest one.

Hcfoo, yes I was like HUH? at first.