I made these cookies few weeks back following Nigella’s recipe from the Nigella Express show.
Added a little bit of PS effect hehehe
I’ve always wonder why this lady’s cooking show is such a hit. I found the answer after baking my own batch of choc chip cookies according to her recipe with minor twist.
125g dark chocolate (I used normal baking chocolate)
150g plain flour
30g cocoa (I added 20g)
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp salt
125g unsalted butter
75g brown sugar
50g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg, cold from fridge
350g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
2. Break dark chocolate into small pieces and heat in a bowl over a boiling water saucepan. Stir occasionally until melted.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, bicarbonate soda and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Cream butter, brown sugar and castor sugar until light and fluffy in another bowl.
5. Add melted chocolate and combine well.
6. Add vanilla essence and egg follow by the dry ingredients (no. 3) little by little.
7. Lastly add in chocolate chips.
8. Use an ice-cream scoop to scoop out 12 equal portions and place on a baking tray. Since I don’t want to eat large size choc chip cookies at one go, I pinch only a small portion of the mixture (like Famous Amos style). Believe me a small pinch is enough since the mixture will transform to size larger than Famous Amos cookies.
9. Bake for 18 minutes.
The recipe yield about 3 dozens chocolate chip cookies by using the pinching style. The cookies come out just right, very crispy! But one thing I dislike is the cocoa. I will eliminate mixing any cocoa powder for my next stint.
Anyway, I still prefer Famous Amos cookies. They’re to die for!!! Anyone of you have choc chip cookies recipe similar to Famous Amos one ar? Please share.
Btw I learned a cool baking trick from Nigella. If you don’t plan to use all the mixture at one go, place the remaining mixture in a plastic seal bag and keep in the fridge. Whenever you feeling like eating a cookie or two just take them out and start baking!